Enterprising Women Magazine Announces its Class of 2015
Monica S. Smiley, publisher and CEO of Enterprising Women magazine (www.enterprisingwomen.com) has announced the winners of the 2015 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards, an annual tribute to top women entrepreneurs from North America and around the globe. The award honorees will be recognized at the 13th Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards & Conference, March 29-31, 2015 at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA.
The annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards, which recognizes the finest women entrepreneurs in North America and beyond, is in its 13th year. It is widely considered one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners. To win, nominees must demonstrate that they have fast-growth businesses, mentor or actively support other women and girls involved in entrepreneurship, and stand out as leaders in their communities. Many of the honorees also serve as leaders of the key organizations that support the growth of women’s entrepreneurship.
“The Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration continues to grow each year, attracting more nominations from outstanding women entrepreneurs around the world. Our class of 2015 includes honorees from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico, South Africa, Hong Kong, and several other countries,” Monica Smiley, publisher/CEO of Enterprising Women, said.
“When this awards program began 13 years ago, there were only a handful of nominees in what was then the highest revenue category –over $10 million in annual revenues. This growth reflects the fact that more women are scaling their businesses to the $100 million plus level. The Enterprising Women of the Year Award has grown each year in prestige and stature so women entrepreneurs at all levels want to be recognized with this award for the great work they are doing. We could not be more proud of the outstanding women who make up the Enterprising Women Class of 2015,” Smiley, said.
Below are WBEC South WBEs that are 2015 recipients of the Enterprising Women of the Year Award (click here for full list and article):
Over $25 Million and up to $100 Million in Annual Revenues
• Carol Hackbarth, Hackbarth Delivery Service, Mobile, AL
• Jennifer Jeansonne, Eagle Consulting, LLC, Belle Chasse, LA
Over $10 Million and Up to $25 Million in Annual Revenues
• Sheila Benson, Employment Screening Services, Birmingham, AL
Up to $1 Million in Annual Revenues
• Tena Z. Payne, Earthborn Studios, Inc., Leeds, AL
2015 Enterprising Women of the Year Honorable Mention
• Loni Mouton, Access Land & Title Services, Inc., Metairie, LA
• Joaneane A. Smith, Global Commerce and Services, LLC, Harvey, LA
• Sharon W. Reynolds, DevMar Products, LLC, Nashville, TN
Partner organizations represented on the Enterprising Women Advisory Board and supporting the 2015 event include:
• The Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO)
• Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
• Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
• National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
• National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
• Institute for Economic Empowerment of Women (IEEW)
• The Global Initiative for Women’s Entrepreneurship Research
• Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC)
• Quantum Leaps
• Springboard Enterprise
• Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council (SBEC)/Women Entrepreneurs Inc. (WE)
• Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence
• Women’s Leadership Exchange
• The International Alliance for Women (TIAW)
• Asian Women in Business (AWIB)
• eWomenNetwork (EWN)
• Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC)
• National Association of Women REO Brokerages (NAWRB)
For more information or to register to attend the 2015 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration & Conference, visit www.enterprisingwomen.com.
About Enterprising Women Magazine:
Enterprising Women magazine (www.enterprisingwomen.com), headquartered in Cary, NC, is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2015. The nation’s only women-owned magazine published exclusively for women business owners, it chronicles the growing political, economic and social influence and power of entrepreneurial women. Enterprising Women provides a friendly meeting place, a public forum, and an international stage for the critical issues confronting women’s businesses and daily lives, all from the unique perspectives and experiences of entrepreneurial women. The magazine’s digital edition (launched in 2008) reaches nearly one million top-level women entrepreneurs in 185 countries around the globe.